The weight loss industry is often designed to make you feel bad about yourself and we disagree with that philosophy.
Many people we meet believe they have to lose weight and have been caught in a cycle of weight gain and loss — "yo-yo" dieting — that can cause serious health risks by stressing the heart, kidneys and other organs. They reach the stage where they have read countless books and have spent thousands on gym membership, Despite knowing what they should be doing, they find it impossible to lose weight long term.
ACFED practitioners can help you start to think about your current relationship with food in a different way and they encourage you to eat in a more flexible way that recognises your hunger and satiety. When you understand what influences your food choices, and you explore alternatives, it will be easier for you to feel more in control in making decisions for yourself instead of following a restrictive diet.
Our skilled practitioners will help you build your emotional resources, deal with old hurts, work on your mindset and teach you new ways of feeling in control and enjoying your body again. ACFED does not encourage you to go on a diet and we have no links with weight loss organisations or exercise programs.
In many ways, we tackle the important issues that are usually ignored in programs you may have tried in the past. We start with a full assessment to help build the personalised treatment plan that is right for you.
It's all about finding the happiness you deserve, without stressing about the number on the scales.
Assessment and Treatment
- Gain insight about your eating patterns and food cravings.
- Strengthen your motivation to make positive changes. We know you might worry about being hungry and deprived of your favourite foods.
- Nutritional guidance to get you back in touch with your natural appetite, banishes cravings and transforms your wellbeing.
- Emotional strengthening to manage feelings like stress, and unhappiness without turning to food.
- Reducing constant thoughts and worries about food and weight.
- Managing lapses so that you keep feeling in control.
- Self worth and body image healing.
Take the next step
Would you like to know what can be done to help you feel good about yourself and your body?
ACFED Approved Practitioners know why it is so hard to make changes, and how it affects your life.
Are you ready to find out more?